EPOCHS - FLOWERS
The arrangements composed by hungarian flower-arrangers, designed to accord with the different styles of furniture on view, made the permanent exhibition even more vivid.
Hidden drawers and compartments
The castlemuseum provides excellent experiences to all of his visitors this weekend:
The interesting or luxury formed inner shape of some furnitures will be opened to the public.
The visitors can glance for example into the cradle shaped lower receptacle of the gothic Transylvanian table, of which the square top can be pulled aside to reveal the carved and painted drawer. Also the choisest piece of Flemish furniture, ornamented with ebony, ivory and tortoise shell is made as a receptacle of important documents or money and featuring secret drawers and a coloonated central recess reminiscent of a miniature scene. You can see French rococo furnitures made for women, and the inner of the smaller english multi-functional pieces of furniture.
PROGRAMS CONNECTED TO THE 3 DAYS FLOLWER SHOW:
- During the whole weekend a flower-market takes place at the courtyard of the castle. You can also buy all sorts of home-made honey, aroma oils, herbs and spices.
- Buy fresh bunches in the castle! - Demostration lessons of flower-branch making by flower-arrangers at 2 and 4 pm at the courtyard
- Make your own wreath made of fresh flowers - from 11 am to 7 pm at the courtyard
- Epochs - Flowers - guided tours in Hungarian at 11 am and 3 pm
- How to make the marquetry of flowers? - demostrations of inlay-making
Admission: 900 HUF
Students: 450 HUF
Admission free: for ICOM members